8.20.2011

Love is...

Everyone knows 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8...
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hope, always preserves. Love never fails."

You've hear it a thousand times
in church, at weddings, its the go to verse about love.
It is something that people write in wedding cards,
use as a measure or reminder on how to love.

While reading, Classic Christianity, I saw it in a whole new light.

Have you ever thought about that verse as how God loves us?
I mean, God is Love!

" God is always patient with you. God is always kind to you. God does not envy, He does not boast, He is not proud. God is not rude to you, He is not self-seeking. He is never easily angered with you. God keeps no record of your wrongs. God does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. He always protects you, always trusts you, always hopes the best for you, always preserves with you. God's love for you never fails."

I will be the first to admit, I want to be a part of a great love story
I am just starting to truly understand, that I have been a part of one.
And I will continue to be in one.

Its a really wonderful thing to realize and believe.

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE AMAZING!! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!! YOU ARE UNIQUE!! YOU ARE STRONG!! YOU ARE SMART!! YOU ARE FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE AND OH, HOW YOU ARE LOVED!!!

    OK! I might be your Momma, but I'm just saying........it's the truth of it!!! Love you big!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...