7.13.2010

Those shoes will be hard to fill...


*this was the world's smallest man, with Shaq's shoe- you'll get it later...*

WARNING: this post is going to be dreadfully honest, and I hope it doesn't come across the wrong way, but sometimes you have to be honest with yourself and this is me being honest...

the beautiful thing about starting new
is that you get a new beginning...

I, not only deserve but I am allowed to set my expectations and bar as high as I want...

Why should I limit myself or what others can do?
Why should I lower my standards? Make excuses for people and their actions? Read into things? Get my hopes up?

I have expectations
high expectations
for the people who are in my life, and who want to be in my life.

I will not settle...
I am done trying to force someone to see how amazing I am (YES i have lots of flaws, but who doesn't... I still know that I have a TON of great things going for me that make me who I am. I am the only one who can be me, and so I am going to do it to the best of my ability)
if you can't or don't want to see that, its not worth it. im not going to force it.

I don't want to be only someones consideration
I want to be someones end all, be all
I am so worth getting to know
I deserve to be pursued

I have been very blessed with an amazing family.
My parents are amazing, and instilled in me self confidence at a very young age.
My brother has always been protective, supportive, loving of me

But my daddy, he has given me something that is irreplaceable...

I have always been a daddy's girl. my whole life.
my dad has shown me how I should be treated, and how I deserve to be treated.
he has put me on a pedastool and I will not settle for anyone who doesn't put me on the same, if not higher, pedastool...

He gave me unconditional love, confidence and an example of how a man should love and treat a woman...

it could be easy to say, his shoes would be impossible to fill.
but that is not the case
they will be filled someday...
because there is someone out there who was made to love me
someone who will do his best to love me unconditionally
and puts me on a pedastool that my dad would be proud of...

I am saying this now...
I deserve someone who chooses to grow through life with me
I deserve someone who couldn't stand the idea of me not being with him
I deserve the world, everyone does...

maybe the more I say it, the more I will believe it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...