7.27.2010

Hanging on

I have always had a problem letting go of things.
I feel like if I have invested in something, I don't want to not see it blossom into its full potential.

There are things, or people in life that will never reach their full potential because they make the decision to stop growing.

You can water their foundation, give them the best soil, make sure they get enough sunlight, even talk or sing to them to encourage their growth and help them realize their full worth and potential.

But I guess I am learning, even if you do all these things, the object you are trying to help grow will only grow if it wants too. If it digs its roots down into what you have provided and sees their own potential.

I guess I hang on, because I want to be there for the beginning to the end of the process. If I am in a growing process with you, its fair to say I will want to be there with you until the end. When I invest in someone, I want to see my investment grow. I have hung on because I want to see you grow into what I know you can be. but, I have to realize its not my fault if you can't see your own potential. And if you limit yourself in life.

The sky is my limit. And I'm done hanging on...

Duffy: Hanging On Too Long-
It was just my mistake thinking you cared
It was just my mistake thinking you'd be there
That you'd be by my side and that you wouldn't lie
My mistake

It was just my false hope thinking we'd last, yeah
It was just my false hope, forgot all your past
All those girls you denied
Smashed up hearts hung out to dry

I know it's wrong, hanging on too long
I know it's wrong, hanging on too long
But I need to move on, hanging on too long

I was a fool for you right from the start, yeah
I was a fool for you hoping for a spark
For some kind of sign that you would be mine

I know it's wrong, I do, hanging on too long
And I know it's wrong, hanging on too long

My heart was clutching to one fair right
My head was pumping, it could put up a fight

I know it's wrong, hanging on too long

And I know it's wrong, hanging on too long
And I need to move on, I'm hanging on too long

I know it's wrong, hanging on too long
And I know it's wrong, hanging on too long

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...