10.08.2009

Week 2 Weigh In!

Hello Friends!

Well week two weigh in happened today and I am pleased to say I lost another 3.2 lbs! I was shocked! But, I know that these huge results won't keep happening but it is a great motivator to me because I am feeling better and better about myself. One area that I know I need a lot of focus on is my exercise! I don't get out to do stuff as much as I wish I did! And this last week I was barely out of my apartment studying for midterms! But I was wondering, anybody have ideas of fun things that can get you active!? The weather is soooo nice right now I want to start doing more outside, and stuff that won't cost a ton of money! I know Hiking, riding bikes, things like that... I guess I want to know what some people do to have fun that doesn't feel like exercise but is! Also, I made a great new recipe today! I was thinking I might start posting things up here that are weight watcher recipes or ideas in case anyone that is reading is interested or just wondering what I am doing!

Its so true, that when you are trying to get healthier, or Diet (ps.. to me Weight Watchers is the furthest thing from a diet) you always eat the same thing or do the same thing. But with weight watchers, you can eat whatever the heck you want too! IT IS UP TO YOU! Just stay within your points! (if anyone has any questions, comment I can explain more)

Katelynn's Afternoon Quesadilla:

Ingredients:
1 Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajita Tortilla (Mission)
1/2 Light Swiss Laughing Cow Cheese (I live by these, usually have 3 or 4 in my fridge at all times)
1 Tbspn of Salsa (I used homemade Green Tomatillo salsa because I had some)
1 Chicken Breast
1 Tbspn Red Pepper Oil Olive
1 Tpsn EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1/4 Yellow Pepper
1/4 Red Pepper
1 tpsn Light Sour Cream

Start by putting your chicken breast in a skillet at medium heat.
I drizzled the Red Pepper Olive Oil over the chicken and seasoned it to taste (I used McCormick- Montreal Chicken Spice)
I used about 1/2 tbspn of the EVOO on the skillet as well.
While I was grilling the chicken; I washed and cut the yellow and red bell peppers into long strips.
Once the chicken was cooked all the way through I cut it in half and shredded one half of the chicken and put the other half in the fridge.
Then I put the Yellow and Red bell peppers and chicken back into the skillet and sauteed them together with the other 1.5 tbspn off EVOO

While the chicken and peppers were in the skillet, I spread the Whole Wheat Tortilla with the Laughing Cow Cheese and heated it up in the microwave for 30 seconds (that might have been too long, I will probably do like 20 or 15 next time). When I took the Tortilla out I spread the salsa on top of the melted, heated tortilla.

Once the chicken and peppers were cooked to my liking (a little crispy on the chicken, and some dark edges on the peppers) I put the mixture on top of the tortilla. And to top it off I used about a tbspn of Light Sour Cream!

This was a great meal and it really filled me up! It started off as an idea for a chicken quesadilla and then it just grew but you will be sooo surprised at how many points it is!!!

Point Value: 4!!!

Ok here is how:
The Tortilla is only 1 point!
1/2 Laughing Cow Cheese, 1 Tpsn of Salsa and a Cup of Bell Peppers aren't anything
The Chicken is 3 points for 4.5 oz but I had only half of that so its technically 1.5 but I just count 2 points (Always better to overestimate)
And then the sour cream was 1 point!

And here is another thing... I really didn't need the sour cream it just sounded good so I went for it!

Hope this helped somebody out! If not, and you are reading all the way down this way, God Bless your heart! =D

Thanks for all the support!

kk
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...