10.19.2009

Treat people as you would want to be treated

Oooo Oooo Oooo pick me! Pick me! I had an idea for what I wanted to talk about today. Mostly because its something I want to say but don't really know where to say it. Overall, I think I am a pretty happy person. I am blessed beyond belief, I am grateful for the people in my life: Family, Friends, Aquaintances, Co-Workers, so on and so forth. Well, lately I have not been so content. Whether its feeling like there is just so much more I want to do with my life yet no one is there to push me for it, or that my expectations are rarely met and so I have to lower them to stay satisfied. I don't know, maybe I am the only person who remembers this rule but, its something I would like to put out there again to all of us! "Treat People as you want to be Treated." This rule is such a simple, easy one yet I feel like people don't think about it. And even, this is just the simplest thing, because its not saying the people you love, the people that you trust the most, its just saying PEOPLE... That means, that person you don't really know but ask you for directions on campus- yea, them. That person that you see in your neighborhood every once in awhile and their garage door is left open late at night- yea, them. That person, you know through a friend, who knows your brothers friend from down the street- yea, them too. Being a nice, genuine person isn't a pick and choose game. Its not a on one day, off the other thing. Its not about an eye for an eye. I want to be a person who is courteous, kind, genuine, trustworthy, lovable- a good friend, to everyone. But sometimes, people make that really hard. Sometimes, it stinks feeling walked all over, used, not cared for when you put a lot of effort into a friendship. How hard is it to text someone back? How hard is it to tell someone you've been thinking about them? How hard is it to be honest with someone? if its that hard... thats going to be an issue...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...