5.06.2010

I'm in a glass case of emotion...


Anchorman is by far, one of my favorite movies... but the problems with favorites these days is it reminds me of my other favorite thing that I can't have anymore... ugh, promised myself this was going to be a different kind of entry, and it will be...

I grew up in the city, my family is all country. I used to lie when I was little and tell people I was born in Oklahoma because I thought it was sooo cool! As much as I am a city girl, ask all 100+ cousins I have(yes this is true), I'm the biggest city girl of them all, I still have a small piece of country in me. Summers on the farm, going out into the fields, driving down country dirt roads, and blaring country music.

Small fact about myself: I wasn't allowed to listen to anything but christian or country music until I was like 12. Then I listened to the good stuff, you know Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, N'sync... ok digressing...

Well, my parents are both still country in their own way. And lately my momma has had to be my rock. She is a sturdy one to lean on when you need a rock, but she always has country music playing in the background. I had a particularly bad day a couple days ago, and this song was playing in the background.

My momma looked at me and said, baby girl- this is you. it doesn't feel like it now. but this is you. so don't you worry, you will feel it again. (ok it wasn't exactly those words, but whatever it said, made me feel good...)

I listened to the words again, and I liked it... and it was totally me because if you know me, you know I love patron.

I have been listening to it on repeat, from youtube because my mom is burning me a CD of sassy songs as she says!

But, this at least shows you the words if you are interested...

PS... yes, thank you for riding Goliath with me... You know, the tallest rollercoaster in the world. It goes to really high points, to really low points, twists and turns, jerks and flips but you know what, it always comes to an end...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...