9.11.2010

Never Forget

With all the other things going on in life, sometimes we forget to say Thank you to all the soliders, and their families for the endless sacrifices they give on a daily basis for our freedom and lives.

Nine years ago today, my mom woke me up and told me that one of the twin towers had been hit. I remember rolling out of bed, not really sure what she was talking about and going into our living room and watching the news and seeing the events of that day unravel. I was in the ninth grade. The junior high I went to wouldn't let us watch the news during the day. But my english teacher Mrs. Ruiz turned it on for us and let us watch it.

It is one of those moments, when this day comes around each year, as adults we will look back at this time in history and can tell the story of where we were that exact moment. Even 25 years from now.

Thank you to all the soliders, and their families for keeping us safe. I pray for the families that lives were deeply changed that morning. And for a nation under God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...