4.13.2011

A Dreamers Dream

"For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream."- Vincent Van Gogh

I wasn't blessed as one of those people who know exactly what they want to do with their lives.
I didn't grow up dreaming of being a Olympic Gold Medalist, never had the drive to be the youngest person to become a doctor, shoot, most the time I can't even remember the dreams I had the night before!

Part of me has always wondered if having such a clear cut goal in life makes it any easier...
Or does it mean I'm not a dreamer because I don't have this big dream or goal

My mom always tells this one story of me when we talk about growing up, and I think it stands pretty true
One day my mom asked me "Bug, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
After careful thought and consideration I replied with...
"You know mom, somedays I want to save the world, and other days I just want to be a supermodel."
Ha!
But its true, I don't know what I want to do when I grow up.
I feel like I should have it all figured out
So I am figuring out life is a process
Even though, some people are blessed with knowing what they want to do and they do it.
I am still learning,
But that doesn't mean I am not a dreamer.

My dreams are just different

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...