8.24.2010

M.I.A.




For those of you who just can't wait for my updates (Hi Mom!) I am sorry I didn't update for awhile! I was M.I.A. for my best friend's wedding.

What an experience it was! I can not even describe it! It all happened so quickly but the memories I hold I will forever cherish.

Priscilla is a very special person to me. God truly placed us in each others lives in a way that could have been nearly impossible unless everything lined up. Its hard to describe unless you actually experienced it but we met a Hume Lake Christian Camps. Its a beautiful camp up in the mountains of California. if you would have told me I was going to one day be standing next to her at her wedding, I probably would have laughed at you. But God does amazing things, and I am truly blessed by her!

Here are a few of the pictures from my trip:


Priscilla and I!


Girls heading to San Fran for Bachelorette Weekend!


Painting the Town Wild in Animal print!



My Italian Dance Partner!


Girls at the rehearsal!


The best man, Groom, Bride and Maid of Honor


All the pretty girls!


Dancing the night away!

This was my Maid of Honor Speech:
Hello Everyone!

First off I want to say thank you to my best friend, the beautiful bride Priscilla! It has been such a privilege to be your Maid of Honor and to be a part of this chapter of yours and James lives.

Before I take us all down memory lane, I should probably give you a little background. My name is Katelynn Klingaman and I met Miss Priscilla 7 years ago at Hume Lake Christian Camp. God had big plans for us then, we just didn’t know it. To be honest, I don’t even know how it happened. I am an arizona native, she is a cali girl through and through. We ended up being on the same rec team, and it so happened that we were both the loudest, most spirited and obnoxious girls on our team, and probably the whole camp. Somehow in a matters of days, we were sharing in laughter, tears, our dreams and fears. It felt like we had known each other for years, and we had been best friends for a lifetime. Throughout the next year we continued to build our friendship even with all the miles that kept us apart.

The following year at camp was when God planted a seed that would intertwine two peoples lives forever. We planned it in a way that she would stay as a camper with my church, but she had to drive up with a different church from San Jose, which ended up being a church with a smokin’ hot leader named James. When we reunited at Hume it didn’t feel like any time had passed at all. We hadn’t lost any of our spunk, and some how we were louder, even more spirited and more obnoxious than the year before. But this year was different, James happened to be a leader for our Rec team. We were seventeen year old girls, so of course we noticed him, and how could he have not noticed an extremely loud duo wrapped in tin foil! This was just the subtle start. The years to follow both James and Priscilla would go through life lessons, and were growing as individuals, and praying for their future spouse.

Since Priscilla and I have never lived in the same city, not even the same state we always found ways to see each other. We created tons of memories in the short amount of time spent together, but there is one memory that sticks out most to me. One late night I get a phone call from Priscilla. She had just gone and hung out with James, our leader from Hume! I could see her beaming even miles away. I knew right then that this was going to be a huge part of her story, and his. God had blessed them for their patience, and this new relationship was a product from the seed God had planted that year at Hume.

We all have watched James and Priscilla grow into the couple they are today. The love, support, commitment that they confirmed today is something special and unique. God has blessed them with true love and I am honored to have watched your relationship blossom into the great Love that you have for one another. Priscilla and James, I am beyond blessed by your friendships, and I wish you the best of luck in all your new adventures as husband and wife. Trust in the Lord and his plans for you. Lean on him in good times and in bad. You are meant to be, because you choose to be. Always choose each other, and always choose to love! I love you guys bigger than big! So proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...