10.03.2011

Pretty Moment

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”



-Helen Keller


Well, this weekend I gained two new roommates
Or maybe, two roommates gained a third!
Either way, I moved back in with my parents.
If it wasn't so temporary, I would really need to reflect on my life
I wouldn't have ever thought I would be 25 and living with my parents
but I am. And I couldn't be happier.
I am really looking forward to this time with them.
I am moving to San Diego in a mere 5 weeks.
It is going to fly by, we are all really busy
Life doesn't stop when things are going to change
But, we are going to soak it all up.

But this weekend, we moved me out then moved me in.
We had family dinner, watched football, walked through house plans and cleaned closets.
I get most of my best characteristics from my Momma
One being she holds onto everything!
Remember my hoarder post from last week
Well, she is a tad bit of an emotional hoarder (Like we ALL are!)
But we came across a stack of my high school graduation cards.
I told her I would go through them and pick the ones out that I wanted to keep.

My process for this is:
If the giver of the card is close to my heart, no longer living, or someone very important in my life I will keep the card.
If they are not, I cherish the kindness, say a thank you and send that paper to the recycling bin.
I usually just take a quick glance and the bottom of the card to see the signed name to make quick decisions

I had been going through about 50 cards
Separating them like a pro (USPS I am looking for a job if you need a sorter!)
When I stop dead in my track...
What?! How could this be!? Who is this? what?!
I recieved a card, for my high school graduation from...
HELEN KELLER!
Then the giggles pursued...
You see, when I have a ditzy moment my brother always pets my head and says "You're so pretty"
This was definitely one of those!

My favorite kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Sexton had written that Helen Keller quote in my card, at the bottom, in the spot people usually sign their cards!
So no, it wasn't Helen Keller who gifted me with the sweetness!
But, someone equally as special and inspirational in my life.

And yes, I kept that card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...